Anna-Sofia Alklind Taylor
I have a background in cognitie science and teach user experience design (UXD). My research is, in short, about serious gaming, i.e. using computer games for other purposes than purely entertainment (e.g. training, education, rehabilitation, eSports). Additional academic interests are, among others, affective computing, animal cognition, interface and interaction design.
- Affective interaction and emotion (lecturer and examiner)
- Bachelor degree project in user experience design (supervisor)
- Master degree project in informatics with a specialisation in serious games (supervisor and examiner)
- User Experience Design - Research and Development (lecturer and supervisor)
- Member of SweCog, Swedish Cognitive Science Society
- Member of Interaction Lab, a research group at the University of Skövde
- Member of GAME, a research group at the University of Skövde
- Part of Sweden Game Arena
Current research projects
- The future of e-sports
Previous research projects
- Games as establishment tools
- Mobile game for confirmation studies
- Pre-study on the spectator experience of e-sports, a project partly funded by Västra Götalandsregionen (VGR).
- Games and simulators for military training, a PhD project conducted at the Land Warfare Centre.
- Games and simulators for incident commander training, a project funded by the Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency.
- Games in stroke rehabilitation, a project in collaboration with .
- Doctor of Philosophy, Informatics, University of Skövde, Sweden
- Licentiate of Science, Information Technology, University of Örebro, Sweden
- Master of Science, Psychology, University of Exeter, UK
- Bachelor of Science, Cognitive Science, University of Skövde, Sweden
Spectating Play 13th Annual Game Research Lab Spring Seminar, Tampere, Finland, April 24-25, 2017
2017. Conference paper, oral presentation.
Electronic Journal of e-Learning
NU2016 Högskolan i samhället - samhället i högskolan
2016. Conference paper, oral presentation with abstract.
VS-Games 2015: 7th International Conference on Games and Virtual Worlds for Serious Applications
2015. Conference paper. https://doi.org/10.1109/VS-GAMES.2015.7295787
Proceedings of the 9th European Conference on Games Based Learning
2015. Conference paper.
2014. Doctoral thesis.
Transactions on Edutainment IX
2013. Chapter in book. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-37042-7_3
Proceedings of the 6th European Conference on Games Based Learning (ECGBL'12)
2012. Conference paper.