I have a background in cognitie science and teach user experience design (UXD). My research is, in short, about serious gaming, i.e. using computer games for other purposes than purely entertainment (e.g. training, education, rehabilitation, eSports). Additional academic interests are, among others, affective computing, animal cognition, interface and interaction design.
- Affective interaction and emotion (lecturer and examiner)
- Bachelor degree project in user experience design (supervisor)
- Master degree project in informatics with a specialisation in serious games (supervisor and examiner)
- User Experience Design - Research and Development (lecturer and supervisor)
- Member of SweCog, Swedish Cognitive Science Society
- Member of Interaction Lab, a research group at the University of Skövde
- Member of GAME, a research group at the University of Skövde
- Part of Sweden Game Arena
Current research projects
Previous research projects
- Games as establishment tools
- Mobile game for confirmation studies
- Pre-study on the spectator experience of e-sports, a project partly funded by Västra Götalandsregionen (VGR).
- Games and simulators for military training, a PhD project conducted at the Land Warfare Centre.
- Games and simulators for incident commander training, a project funded by the Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency.
- Games in stroke rehabilitation, a project in collaboration with Skaraborg Hospital.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Informatics, University of Skövde, Sweden
- Licentiate of Science, Information Technology, University of Örebro, Sweden
- Master of Science, Psychology, University of Exeter, UK
- Bachelor of Science, Cognitive Science, University of Skövde, Sweden