There is a demand for innovative projects based on a pedagogical approach that is systematically evaluated and focuses on the patient’s learning process. For patients with Diabetes type 2 the recommendation is a group-based education. The purpose is to improve the patient’s health in activities using the didactic model for patient education.
The objective for the patient education for patients with long-term illness/disease is in-depth learning, a higher consciousness and responsibility for one’s own life and health.
A digital tool using gaming technology will be utilized to reinforce the effects of the group-based education as well as to support the healthcare personnel during the education activities. The digital tool, SelfSTRENGHT, is presently under development. Another objective of this study is to evaluate the experience of using the tool by patients and care personnel.
- What are the outcome of the didactic model ”The Challenge of taking charge of one’s life – a learning process during long-term illness/disease” in group-based education of patients suffering from diabetes type 2 regarding their view on health and wellbeing, sleep and lifestyle?
- How do patients with diabetes type 2 perceive their condition and will the process of learning influence problem areas in relation to their condition?
- What do patients with diabetes type 2 base their decision to decline the offered group education?
- How are the tools for reflection applied, used and interpreted in the group-based education?
- In what way can digital tools support the learning process and implement lifestyles changes regarding living and coping with diabetes type 2?